Thursday, August 4, 2016

Alternative Baking Cookie Review

 
Alternative Baking sent me a selection of cookies to review. Having multiple food issues in the house is tough. Baking with all the special flours can be expensive and time consuming.  With school starting soon these are great to keep on hand for a quick treat or variety in a lunch bag. Little Crazy life gets small treats on PE or activity days, so these will be awesome. We have one gluten free, one dairy/egg free, and I'm soy free. Its easier to find recipes or products that fit all of that.
Alternative baking has been in business 21 years and voted "Best veg cookie" by VegNews. These really do rival regular cookies. These are great for my daughter as they have no eggs or dairy! Plus no soy,  trans fats, hydrogenated oils, cholesterol, animal ingredients, artificial ingredients, and no refined sugar. There are 13 Vegan cookies, 5 Gluten Free cookies, and 4 Low Carbs cookies .

They use organic flour, organic sugar, as well as other premium, natural ingredients and make our cookies in small, handmade batches. There are three lines of cookies–original, Gluten-free, and One Smart Cookie.

I lost my pictures of all the items, but this is their pecan bar cut in half. SO GOOD! They are not your typical sugar filled, overly sweet cookie. I found these very balanced in sweetness. We were originally going to keep a few of these for the kids in my daughters class that have allergies, but we loved them so much they were gone before Little Crazy Lifes birthday party!

Here are their list of cookies.  As you can see, I didn't get to try all of them. The cookies I did try were all fantastic. Check out their FAQ page for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment