Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Sugru Moldable Glue Review


Sugru sent me their home hacks pack. This is an air dry moldable rubber glue. These come in several mint size tins like the rebel tech kit.

You can buy them in packs of colors like black/white, black/white/grey, multi-colors, classic multi , or single colors like black, white, blue, brown, pink, red, and clear.

This is not the first chance I've had to use this product, so I didn't use their idea pamphlet.



 For this project I used the silver grey Sugru on the hood strings of my coat. . The metal was secured by a few thin strings of thread and have fallen off.

With this pack of Sugru I replaced a missed zipperpull on my coat along with the strings for my coat.  I rolled up the product into 4 balls. I took one ball and took a small piece of and mashed it into the string to get it into the fibers. I then took 2 balls of Sugru and placed one on each side. I then gently squeezed them together while shaping the product around the string into the shape I wanted. Once air dried for at least 24 hours, you are good to go!

I wish I had pictures of the old projects I've done. Sugru has been used it for toy repair (I reattached Sven the moose's head), Toothbrush holder hooks, cabinet door bumpers, bumpers for a vase bottom, replace a missing dice, to secure a ribbon to the back of a jewelry holder, replace a doorstop, fix a dent in the wall and cabinet, replace a worn heel on a pair of flat shoes, dome ring holder, hook for jewelry in the bathroom and so much more.

Sugru is SUCH a versatile product.  I find myself looking for ways to use it. All the projects I have done seem to hold. When you are done with something its super easy to remove as well. This could be great for apartment dwellers, renters, or even those with less than stellar home repair skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment